Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Smith On Cracking Team Canada

I had a brief conversation with Blazer F Colin Smith this afternoon after he got off the plane in Toronto.

On getting the word he'd made Canada's National U-18 team...

I found out last night around 8pm...I pretty surprised. I was just real excited...now I'm here (Toronto) and I'll just try to make the most of the opportunity.

Has it sunk it in.. the fact you're heading to Germany to wear the Maple Leaf?

Well, not yet. Maybe when we get to Germany. Obviously going overseas will be an experience and something I'll remember. It's something every Canadian kid wants to do, so it's pretty exciting.

On what he thinks his role with the team will be....

I really have no idea as of right now. Whatever I'm asked to do I'm going to do it to the best of my ability and do whatever it takes for the team.

On taking a step towards making Canada's World Junior team in couple years....

Right now I'm just trying to jump on the opportunity I have in front of me now. Whatever comes up down the road I'll cross that bridge when it comes.

-------------

1 comment:

kevin k said...

congrats colin