Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blazers Line-Up / Caron Back

Blazers Head Coach Guy Charron set his line-up for tomorrow night's season opener against the Prince George Cougars for local media today...

It sounds like D Brandon Underwood will not play due to a concussion sustained in Prince George in the final pre-season game. He continues to go through the protocol and is getting closer to returning.

Rookies D Brady Gaudet and F Logan McVeigh will likely make their WHL debut.

F Brendan Ranford, F JT Barnett, F Chase Schaber, D Austin Madaisky and D Josh Caron all back from NHL camps will in play.

Only D Corey Fienhage who is still with the Buffalo Sabres will be unavailable.

-------

Had a chance to talk with D Josh Caron today. The ink isn't even dry yet with his new contract with the Minnesota Wild.

"My family couldn't be more happy," said a beaming Caron when i asked him about his phone call back home to share the big news.

"My mother was crying on the phone...I've never seen my dad more happy. They were just really pleased with me."

Minnesota likes their tough guys. Last year both Derek Boogaard and John Scott patrolled the ice for the Wild but free-agency have them on the move. Boogaard signed a big deal with the New York Rangers while Scott signed on with the Chicago Blackhawks.

Obviously that caused a ripple in the organization (a big ripple). Both players check in at 6'8".

Now Caron comes back to the Blazers to hone his skills as a WHL heavyweight. I asked him about fighting for a living next season in pro.

"I'll do it... I like to fight. I like to throw'em down. I think I'm tough enough to do it. I fought some tough guys. I think I can handle myself."


---------

No comments: