Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Eakin Talks AHL Title; Next Season


Had a chat with Cody regarding the Calder Cup won last night, summer plans and next season. I'll share some of that here....


Cody on last night's celebrations...

"It was great, a lot of fun... champagne in the dressing room.. the night just continued from there."


On having the longest season in all of junior hockey...

"It was so long. It feels like when I came here it was the start of a new season. It doesn't feel like summer right now but i need the time off.

It's definitely something to be proud of (being the last junior player still playing hockey). It's been a long season but a lot of new and exciting things happened to me during it. There's lots of memorable moments and it's one I'm going to remember."


On his plans once he gets back to Winnipeg....

" I don't plan on taking much time off from the gym. I'll probably head back and start light and work my way up. But I plan on taking time off the ice for a while. I don' t want to be burnt out for next season. It's been a long year."


Where do you see yourself playing next season as a 19 year-old?

"I'm anticipating with the Broncos. If I could latch onto a few games with Washington (Capitals) that would be great but in the long run I think one more year in Swift will be good too. We are going to have a great team and an even better year."


On going back to junior for one more season after playing and experiencing the pro level....

"I don't think it'll be tough. I think it's gonna help me on and off the ice, seeing and living with these guys has been an eye-opener. Soaking up how they act and what it's like at the next level is definitely going to help me lead the team to our goal which is a spot in the next years finals."




No comments: