Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Mackay Thrilled to be a Bronco

I recently had a conversation with local hockey product Zac Mackay who was drafted in the 4th round in Thursday's WHL Bantam Draft.

The bantam "AA" Kabos Raiders captain answered a few questions.


"I was just waiting it out... I knew the Broncos had some picks coming in the 4th round and I knew they were interested. I saw my name come up (on the computer) and I was just really excited," stated the 15 year-old.

"I've always wanted to be a Bronco and this is just really good for me and my family."

I asked Zac about the family's reaction to him being drafted by the local team.

"My mom was really excited that I wouldn't have to move away and I could stay home. My dad was just happy for me, that I went in the draft and that I may get a chance to play some day."

As far as what kind of a player he is, Zac likes the grittier part of the game.

"I like to think I'm gritty and can play both ends of the ice. I just like the rough stuff."

The Bronco season ticket holder likes the style Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla plays.

The well-spoken bantam player hopes to make the team at some point and be a leader - an aspect of the game he feels is very important.


--------------





No comments: