Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Guggenberger on the Limp

Regan Bartel is reporting former Broncos goaltender Mark Guggenberger is still dealing with an injury suffered in last year's playoffs. Read about it over at his blog. The link is just to the right.

Will the Rockets utilize with the 20 year-old netminder or go with the 17 year-old Adam Brown this season? Brown is the future of the team there's no doubt and the Rockets will have a completely new look moving forward. I know they have all the confidence in the younger Brown to be an elite goaltender in the future.

In my opinion Guggenberger becomes the premiere puck stopper in the WHL this season and any team looking to make a long playoff run will probably look into his services.

This will all be very interesting as it plays out.

----------------

The Broncos took yesterday off from on-ice activities after a grueling training camp. The club will send a contingent up to Edmonton this weekend for a pair of pre-season games. At this point it's not clear who will be making the trip.

We could also see some sort of a news release regarding player signings in the coming days. I'll keep you posted.

Also, it's a brand new season of "Mic'd Up" over at scbroncos.com. Who do you want learn more about or get know?

This could be the last kick at summer with temps in the 30 C range again. Golf this afternoon is set to go. I'm not ready to pack in the clubs just yet....

Enjoy the day,

Jon



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me but it's driving me nuts. I can't find any roster movements...yet. Unless they are keeping 40 plus players to Edmonton. Vets staying home perhaps?

Anonymous said...

I take that back...just as I post that, I check on the broncos sight where they have the 34 players still left in camp (injured players included)

Anonymous said...

Thinking back and looking at this year's goalies it might have been nice to keep Guggs!!!