Friday, June 26, 2009

Eakin Draft Ready

Swift Current Broncos F Cody Eakin is in Montreal for the NHL draft tonight and tomorrow.

Expected to fall somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round, Eakin is excited to be part of it all.

"I've done all I could to put myself in the best position. We'll see how it unfolds. I'm a little bit nervous to find out what happens but I guess we'll find out soon."

As to where he will be selected, Eakin isn't setting his expectations too high.

"You don't want to set any expectations. I want to go in with an open mind... whether it's 2nd or 3rd or lower than that so be it. (Bronco defenseman) John Negrin told me the most important thing is to be drafted by a team that really wants you."

Cody is hoping his teammates can share in the experience including Justin Dowling and Joel Rogers.

"I know Justin Dowling... there was a team I interviewed with that wanted to know all about him. I said he's an unbelievable guy and an unbelievable talent. They sounded really interested. Also Joel Rogers, I wish him the best of luck. Hopefully we can share some exciting times."


---------------

No other Coach/GM related news today. I could speculate on who else is in the running but it would be pure speculation at this time. If I hear anything concrete I'll try and pass it along.

It sure is generating a ton of talk. I'm getting a lot of questions daily on the topic. People are talking about it with a sense of excitement. We will see what develops after the weekend.

----------

I have to give a shout out to Gord Hahn. Honda found my cell phone last night 100 yards off the 18th tee at Chinook after it apparently fell out of my golf bag or pocket. It set me into a little bit of a panic last night. The former Bronco trainer and longtime supporter brought it into the pro shop... finding it before this morning's mower did. Thanks!


Jon

No comments: