Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wudrick Returned / "Old Man" Dansereau

Press Release:

Wudrick Returns From Los Angeles



Swift Current Broncos’ forward Geordie Wudrick returns to Swift Current after attending training camp with the Los Angeles Kings.


Wudrick attended his first NHL training camp after being selected by Los Angeles in the 3rd round of the 2008 NHL entry draft. The Broncos face off against Saskatoon in a home and home this weekend starting Friday on home ice at the Credit Union i-plex at 7:30pm.

-----------------

It's official.... Broncos forward Keegan Dansereau is the oldest player in the WHL. Born January 1st, 1988, Dansereau is the league's most elder statesmen.

"I guess I am... when I was young I looked up to the 20's as being old... I guess I'm "that" guy now," said Dansereau before practice yesterday.


Dansereau scored the game winner against the Warriors Saturday night but admits he got caught on the ice a little long.

"It was a pretty long shift, I think Deano was probably mad at me (laughing) ... Tassone just threw it out front, I didn't get all of it but it hit the post and went in."


Keegan was at his dazzling best with his stick work Friday night in Moose Jaw. He pulled out a few moves around Warrior players that made me chuckle a bit in the broadcast booth... I can't even explain them to be honest.

"You practice them (puck control moves), you learn on the outdoor rink when you're young and once in awhile you can throw one out in a game an worked that time...."


Keegan came to the Broncos a year ago Sunday in that blockbuster deal with the Calgary Hitmen. He says it's been a fun time

"It's been awesome, I love the team and the organization. The community is unreal.... it's been really good."

--------------------------

No comments: