Monday, July 30, 2007

Missing in Action

It'll be a busy couple days so the blog will take a short hiatus barring any breaking news. I'm taking the next couple days to move a few blocks over in Swifty and that will be a trying process at best. To make matters worse, my wisdom teeth come out today....not looking forward to that procedure.

Just a few quick notes....

- Swift Current Indians host game three of their 1st round playoff series tonight at Mitchell Field. Last night the boys blew a 7-5 lead when Regina scored five runs in the 8th to even the series at 1-1. Regina is now 2-12 the last two seasons against the Indians - both of their wins have come in the playoffs.

I've been called into action to do Tuesday night's broadcast in Regina. Both Ryan Switzer and Chris Martens are unavailable so they are forced to go with the third stringer! I don't mind one bit, should be fun considering I did the games for two seasons before Broncos hockey came on the scene.

- Huge win for the Riders Saturday. I haven't even been to a game yet! That will change soon enough. I'm going to take in the Aug 18th rematch against the Eskies. Then the Labour Day Classic of course.

- Word is new Broncos Assistant Coach Tim Kehler is in the city this week. I hope to track him down at some point....

Have a good week,

Jon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not the 3rd stringer, you're the closer. Switzer got the start, Martens tonite in middle relief, Keen in to close.

Anonymous said...

I am looking for informatiuon on the 1989 K.I.B.I.H.T champs, the Red Deer Moose Chiefs. I need to contact someone who was on the team, or knows players on the roster. I have found something that belongs to one of them. Contact me at schiebelbeinb@hotmail.com