Thursday, April 05, 2007

Doyle Continues Season With Canada's U-18 Team *Update*


Here's the press release:

The Swift Current Broncos announced today that 17-year-old defenseman Eric Doyle has been named to team Canada’s Under 18 team that will be taking part in the World Men’s Under-18 Hockey Championship in Tampere, Finland from April 11-22.

Doyle, a 6’2.5” native of Calgary, AB, joined the Broncos at this year’s trade deadline from the Everett Silvertips on January 10th. He appeared in 25 games with the Broncos in 2006/07 where he recorded 5 goals and 8 assists which brought his season totals to 8 goals and 21 assists in 58 games to go along with 40 penalty minutes. Eric finished the season 2nd in scoring amongst Broncos defenseman.
Schenderling Named Playoff MVP
The Swift Current Broncos announced today that overage forward Jeremy Schenderling has been named the team’s 2006/07 Meyers Norris Penny Playoff MVP. Schenderling had a strong post season where he recorded 5 goals and 2 assists in the 6 game series. His 5 goals are currently good for the league lead in this year’s WHL Playoffs.

Schenderling not only had a strong post season stretch, but also finished off his final regular season in the Western Hockey League with a bang. He recorded 4 goals and 3 assists while on a 6 game point streak to close off the year while finishing 1st on the Broncos roster with 23 goals and 3rd with 41 points.
No real surprise here... honourable mentions to Levi Nelson.
------------
In other news, I had a sit down year-end interview with Dean Chynoweth yesterday. I'll post some parts of it later.
----------
So, I'm about to enter an NHL playoff pool with co-workers and I have NO idea what teams will make a run this year. I'm partial to the Dallas Stars (favorite team) but they have been the reason why I only finish top 3 in these things and never win. Usually I have a good grasp on the other teams but get left behind with my Jokinen, Modano, Guerin, and Turco selections. Any ideas out there? Who would you load up on? I'm thinking Buffalo, Pittsburgh, maybe Minny and Nashville??
---------
Myles Rumsey is en-route to Regina to get an MRI done for his ailing knee. Let's hope it's only the six week injury and not the longer one... I'll post a one-on-one with Rums in the coming days too.
--------
So round two begins tomorrow night in the WHL Playoffs. Here's my predictions...
Medicine Hat / Regina - Tigers in five
Brandon / Calgary - Brandon in seven
Vancouver / Seattle - Vancouver in dive
Everett / P.G. - Everett in seven
I know I'm not exactly going out on a limb here. Maybe I'll explain my choices in an upcoming post.
--------
Got my new phone the other day. It's a Motorola Q. It's unbelievable! It's a data/ smartphone and I highly recommend it. It's too much phone for this guy.... I've found the games and the camera and the text messaging feature. The rest I'll get to later.
--------
Jon

No comments: